We greatly appreciate the donations of money, food, clothing, toiletries, beauty products and books we have been receiving. However, below you will find some additional needs/wants that you may not have thought of.
- We have children in the center and would love to put up holiday decorations for Fall/Halloween, Christmas, and Easter.
- Holiday candy: Halloween, Christmas, and Easter
- Secret Santa new Christmas gifts. We usually have 10-11 adult ladies and 6-8 children in the center. It would be best to contact us when you are ready to donate so we can give you a count. We cannot accept any military or weapon type toys.
- Plastic storage boxes to go under clients’ beds.
- Metal clothing racks. Open only-no bag type.
- Our clients sometimes come in with no job prospects. If you know of any openings in the Stone or Taney County area, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Harbor House Domestic Violence Center Facebook page.
- Since quite a few clients come in with just the clothes on their backs, they usually have no funds to legally fight their abuser. If you are an attorney or know of an attorney that would be willing to donate your services to our clients, please give us a call at 877-507-7233.
- Often clients do not qualify for Medicare but are stuck not being able to pay for medical assistance or prescriptions. Donations may be designated towards these needs.
- We need VOLUNTEERS to give of their time at the shelter. Could be one to however many hours you desire. We have a vehicle that we use to transport clients to and from work and any appointments they may have. We also need volunteers to man hotline calls or assist clients when they come to the office window.
We are currently enclosing the singles room into 10 private spaces to give the clients some privacy. We also will be enclosing 6 areas for the Mother/Children rooms. It means so much to have your privacy when you have had so much taken from you.
You can make your donations by just clicking the Donate button above, or you may mail your donations to: Harbor House Domestic Violence Center-PO Box 2152-Branson West Mo- 65737.
Thank you for “helping us with our efforts to heal families that have been broken”!